Summer Peach Crisp with Pecans & Toffee Bits
Photo and Recipe Reprinted with Permission by Chef David Lawrence
Check out his book on Amazon.com:
This recipe is from David’s good friend Susan Cox of Dana Point, California.
FOR THE FILLING
- 6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced (about 2.5 lbs)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
FOR THE TOPPING
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¾ cup English toffee bits (like Skor or Heath)½ cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place six 1¼ cup ramekins on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; set aside.
Meanwhile, immerse the peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds, then place them in a bowl of ice water. Peel the peaches and slice them into thick wedges and place them into a large bowl. Add the sugar, brown sugar, flour and lime juice and blend well. Divide filling evenly among ramekins.
To make the topping, whisk flour, brown sugar and salt in bowl to blend. Using fingertips rub in butter until mixture hold together in clumps. Stir in toffee and pecans; sprinkle over filling.
Bake Crisps until filling bubbles and topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.