Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Cookies
Pumpkin, Cranberry Pecan Cookies
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 stick, unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large organic egg
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree, canned or homemade (but not flavored pie filling)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Spread pecans over a small baking pan and toast for about 8 minutes. Chop.
- In a mixer, beat butter until creamy then slowly add brown sugar, continuing to beat until fluffy. Add the egg, pumpkin and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and fold until just incorporated. Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- Scoop batter into drops using a teaspoon on the baking sheets. Make sure they are at least 2 inches apart from each other. Bake until golden brown, about 13 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool.
Replace cranberries with white or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Consider macadamia nuts or walnuts in place of pecans