Spicy Garlic Sriracha Shrimp
This spicy garlic Sriracha shrimp recipe rocks! I posted it on Babble.com last month and it received rave reviews. Sriracha has so much flavor and spice it compliments fresh shrimp beautifully. I saw a version of this recipe in Bon Appetit magazine. I made a few tweaks but overall it is their recipe. I must warn you though… it’s spicy. So if you are concerned about heat, don’t use as much of the Sriracha sauce or serve a little bit of plain yogurt as a dip and to cool off those sizzling hot shrimp!
|Spicy Garlic Sriracha Shrimp||
- 1 lb wild caught gulf shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 5 TBSP Sriracha sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 TBSP fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 TBSP fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 TBSP lemon zest
- Sea salt
- Place butter and Sriracha sauce in a large stainless steel skillet and stir until butter is melted.
- Add garlic.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes (turning shrimp frequently) until shrimp is almost done.
- Add lemon zest (I usually zest it right over the pan,) mint and basil leaves.
- Gently toss to coat shrimp in herbs.
- Season with salt.
- Serve immediately.